URGENT: Amember v4.1.12: Encrypted password is sent :(

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by hector, Mar 16, 2012.

1. hector

hector New Member

Hello support,

I'm in an emergency and I would REALLY thank you if you could help me ASAP (I'm getting complains from my customers).

In Setup/Configuration > Email > Send Signup E-Mail once FIRST subscripton is completed, I have the following:
    - Your Username: %user.login%
    - Your Password: %user.pass%

Unfortunately, in the email received by customers, the password comes out encrypted like $P$BkTNDykCkTfsOqHwsV4TT2/ (and it wont allow customers to login)

I have also tried:
    - Your Username: %user.login%
    - Your Password: %pass% and %password%

But password comes blank (I guess %pass% and $password% are not a valid shortcode).

How can I sent customers the non-encrypted password on their "Send Signup E-Mail once FIRST subscripton is completed" email?

Please PLEASE send me a quick answer.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance

Cheers,
    Hector
  2. kelly_mc

kelly_mc Member

You can't send passwords in emails anymore. (Not like in V3) I ran into this myself :)
  3. hector

hector New Member

Errr I don't understand... if I cannot send users their password, how can they log in?

I have Amember v4 set up to send their login information automatically when they complete payment. So, if I cannot send them their password, how do I instruct them to log in?
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

If password is generated in time of registration, enable "Registration E-Mail" at aMember CP -> Setup -> E-Mail, this email (and only this email) may contain vairable %pass% - plain text password.

If user chooses password during registration, you do not need to email it.
  5. hector

hector New Member

I want Amember to automatically generate (and email to the user) his username+password AFTER the payment has been completed (IPNs are in place), just like it used to be in Amember v3, so my users don't need to register at all. Is that possible?
  6. alex

Yes, enable "Registration E-Mail" in settings and it will be automatically sent at the time.
  7. hector

hector New Member

Alex, if I'm not mistaken, enabling "Registration E-Mail" is to enable the email sendout if the user registers BEFORE the payment. I'm looking for the system to send the email sendout (with the username and non-encrypted password) AFTER the payment. I want it configured so the email sendout is sent automatically AFTER payment.

The problem is that the password sent AFTER the payment (using %user.pass%) is sent encrypted and thus my users cannot login.
  8. alex

hector, I double checked. Please enable "Registration Email", insert %pass% variable inside and try.