Urgent - Vbulletin plugin not working

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by seanadl, May 9, 2013.

1. seanadl

seanadl Member

I'm getting the following message when i try to configure the Vbulletin plugin from within the Amember4 control panel:

An Error has occured

The database has encountered a problem, please try again later.

Please contact webmaster: webmaster@davidicke.com.

The error log says:

No database selected at /home/****/public_html/amember/library/Am/Protect/Databased.php line 705(1046) in query: SELECT usergroupid as id, title as title, (usergroupid=8) as is_banned, (usergroupid IN (5,6,7)) as is_admin FROM usergroup
    Exception Am_Exception_PluginDb
    Am_Protect_Databased->dbErrorHandler
    call_user_func [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 1244 ]
    DbSimple_Generic_LastError->_setLastError [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 861 ]
    DbSimple_Generic_Database->_setLastError [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 1481 ]
    DbSimple_Mypdo->_setDbError [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 1441 ]
    DbSimple_Mypdo->_performQuery [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 465 ]
    DbSimple_Generic_Database->_query [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 134 ]
    DbSimple_Generic_Database->select [ library/Am/Protect/Databased.php : 705 ]
    Am_Protect_Databased->getAvailableUserGroups [ library/Am/Form/Setup/ProtectDatabased.php : 78 ]
    Am_Form_Setup_ProtectDatabased->initElements [ library/Am/Form/Setup.php : 70 ]
    Am_Form_Setup->prepare [ application/default/controllers/AdminSetupController.php : 67 ]
    AdminSetupController->displayAction [ library/Am/Controller.php : 139 ]
    Am_Controller->_runAction [ library/Am/Controller.php : 116 ]
    Am_Controller->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php : 295 ]
    Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Front.php : 954 ]
    Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch [ library/Am/App.php : 1675 ]
    Am_App->run [ index.php : 43 ]

Can anyone help?
  2. seanadl

seanadl Member

This has got to be one of the most annoying things.

Official support from Amember always takes at least 3 or more days to come back to you. No good if you run a busy site.
  3. seanadl

seanadl Member

Sod this i'm putting back version 3.
  4. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Did you just upgrade your aMember from v3 or something?

Because that looks like the vB plugin in v4 has the wrong database settings saved... which means you need to reset that first.
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Sean,
    as I described in the ticket, you need to re-configure vBulletin plugin.

Go to amember CP -> Setup -> Plugins, disable "vbulletin", Save
    Go to aMember Cp -> Setup-> Plugins, enable "vbulletin" . Save
    Go to aMember CP -> Setup -> vBulletin, configure it again. Save
  6. seanadl

seanadl Member

That didn't work.

Alex did something and fixed the weird error. However, there is a joomla error now (nobody can access joomla when logging in) and there is a problem with renewing/upgrading subscriptions (these errors didnt exist prior to whatever alex did).
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Renewal - does not work because you did not install XML plugin for vBulletin.

Joomla - looking at it.
  8. seanadl

seanadl Member

That's not strictly true.

You had to FTP to my account to fix this. I don't know what you did, but you fixed it. It wasn't because of the XML problem though.

Before you came to help i had already tried uploading the XML document to vbulletin, disabling it, uninstalling it, reinstalling it, etc. Nothing worked.

You had to FTP to the site in order to fix this problem so it was obviously something a little more than the XML plugin.
  9. ironmike5566

ironmike5566 New Member

I am having exactly the same issue. Can you provide a real solution to the problem? Nothing described in the thread works
  10. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please contact us in helpdesk and ask to provide latest vBulletin plugin, that issue should be fixed in it.
  11. frybread

frybread aMember Pro Customer

I suffered the same issue after changing the password on my user who had privs to the vBulletin database. The solution was to give aMember's DB user access to the vB database, then follow alex's 3 steps above, except when configuring vBulletin - do *not* put in the path. Just add the database name and a prefix (if you have a prefix, most don't).
  12. cusinndzl

cusinndzl Guest