V4 Installing - mod_rewrite

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by juanfra, Dec 6, 2011.

1. juanfra

juanfra New Member

Hi,

I've been trying to install the new version locally but it says that my server doesn't support mod_rewrite (thing that is not true). I wanted to know if this is a bug and if someone can provide me a standard .htaccess file for this new version in order to start trying it.

Thanks,
    Juan.
  2. crucible

crucible New Member

Maybe a support ticket is best. i did not experience this with 4.0 install, but bluehost in my case.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hi Juan,
    the .htaccess file is included into aMember distribution and located in the root folder.
  4. juanfra

juanfra New Member

Thanks for your messages. The problem was that macOS hides the .htaccess files by default, so when copying the files for the new install, it wasn't there. And amember, by default it throws a message saying that the server doesn't support mod_rewrite (which in this case is false).

Maybe a good solution would be checking if the file(.htaccess) is there and if it's not, creating the .htaccess file during the install through a php script.

It's just a few lines of code and you'll save on future tickets or forum posts.

Cheers,
    Juan.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Juan, Thanks for the suggestion we will implement this.
    juanfra likes this.
  6. juanfra

juanfra New Member

Thank you Alex, for an incredible product and awesome support.