Vbulletin 4.1.8 and amember + plugin problem

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by lordyale, Dec 3, 2011.

1. lordyale

lordyale New Member

Hi, I've done the required steps and while the users in amember are being created in the correct database for vbulletin, I see that they are all going into the "guests" rather than "registered users" groups of vbulletin. Therefore, when a new member is created, instead of being automatically logged into vbulletin and being able to post, vbulletin only recognizes him as a guest and he's unable to post.

Also, when a created user logins from amember, even if I set him to registered user in vbulletin manually, vbulletin doesn't recognize he's a member and instead of displaying his username, there's the prompt for him to login at the top right.

Also...I noticed that when I remove a user from amember, he's not being removed from vbulletin and still in the database as a guest...

Perhaps this is a cookies error?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

What have you configured at:
    - aMember CP -> Setup -> Vbulletin (in second section, for user groups)
    - at aMember CP -> Manage Content -> Integrations
    ?
  3. lordyale

lordyale New Member

Hey Alex,

1. I set default level to unregistered/ not logged in. I thought this means that if his subscription expires, he won't get access to the board. Should this be change to registered users?

2. I have 2 groups, both given the vbulletin plugin access through the product which gives access to the protected folder (vbulletin forum). The first group is for unregistered/not logged in, and the second group is for registered users
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. Yes, it is better to create a special group for this in your vBulletin. Name it "Subscription Expired" or something like that and remove access permissions for this group.
    2. Please do not use standard vBulletin groups for these goals (except the "Registered Users" which may be used without problems), because vBulletin may do special handling for these groups.

After you made vBulletin group changes, run aMember CP -> Rebuld Db -> vbulletin
  5. lordyale

lordyale New Member

Hey Alex, I did step 1 and redid step 2 so that it only allows the vbulletin plugin to registered users. After I rebuilt the database, I found that new users are automatically logged into vbulletin through amember (single pass works) and that they can make posts. They are also now in the registered users group.​

However, in vbulletin I still see that they are not counted in the total members and the new member usernames do not show up in "new members" at bottom. They also have a * after their username like username* ....is that gonna affect vbulletin in the future somehow?​
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Can you contact us in helpdesk, provide access info and give link to that thread? I will check this and fix.