vBulletin integration - doesn't amember control the login?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by maximize, Mar 14, 2013.

1. maximize

maximize Member

We finally have vBulletin on our site working again.
    We have the vBulletin plugin installed. Integration is working except we have to login again on vBulletin to get access to the forum.
    It seems to me that the point of integration is single sign on and members controlled from one software - amember. What are we doing wrong?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Make sure that you select correct vBulletin version in plugin configuration(different vBulletin versions require different cookies to be created) and also check vBulletin license code it should be correct as well.
  3. maximize

maximize Member

Confirmed - license code is correct and version number is selected correctly. what's next?
  4. alexander

Make sure that domain name in all urls across the site is the same. Problem could be if you are redirected from www.domain.com to domain.com
    If everything seems to be correct submit a ticket to helpdesk.
  5. maximize

maximize Member

Okay - so I've figured out the issue in the forum. If you are a regular member, you can login without issue. In fact, it's so seamless, it's a beautiful thing.

If you're an admin like me and a couple of others, you can't log in to vBulletin at all. In amember 3, I had two user accounts:

1) amember admin that was only for using with amember

2) Wordpress and vBulletin admin that was same username and password.

That doesn't work in this version. Do I need to set up a separate vBulletin Admin? Or is that a config issue in amember for usergroups?
  6. maximize

maximize Member

I've submitted a support ticket with examples of logins that work and don't work - the difference being one's an admin and one is not.
  7. alexander

That is expected. By default amember doesn't enable single login for admin users. That was done in order to avoid any possibility to obtain admin access from third-party script.
    You still should be able to login into vBulletin CP from /forum/admincp