VBulletin Integration questions (What if?)

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by maximize, Mar 14, 2013.

1. maximize

maximize Member

I understand using the vB plugin, but i have a couple of questions about controlling users.

We're taking our forum to paid members only, so they will have to have the paid membership to access the forum. Previously, it was a free forum with private sections.

Questions:

1) When we change the product requirement, will all members without one of those products in aMember lose access to the forum?

2) If we do a pruning of members in VBulletin who have never logged in or completed their registration, would that also remove them from amember?

3) If we remove free (spammy) members from amember, will that also remove them from vBulletin?

Thanks
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

1. Yes.
    2. No
    3. No. Plugin doesn't delete users from vBulletin, but access for these users will be disabled.
  3. maximize

maximize Member

Thanks - that helps clear it up....
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

OR
    Put the BB into a protected folder, remove the need to register with the BB to access it.

Now access to the BB will be limited to those who have a valid subscription to aMember and when that subscription ends, or you end it, then access to BB will also stop.
  5. maximize

maximize Member

thanks - that would work, except that I want to control which pieces of the forum they have access to based on the products they've purchased.
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

OK - no mention of that in original post
  7. maximize

maximize Member

Yep, you're right. Sorry, I wasn't clear.