vBulletin Usergroups Affected when New product purchased

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by tamitaylor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I submitted a ticket but it's the weekend, if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Ticket:
    We sell multiple products, when an user purchases a class -let's say class 101 - I manually add them to a usergroup "101" in vbulletin so they can access the private forum for that class. I'm finding that when someone buys a new class all the usergroups in vbulletin are being 'wiped' which means they have no access to their class forums only the open forum/gallery.

Please help a lot of people are becoming unhappy and I'm currently going through and readding people to usergroups because I don't know what to try.
  2. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

Ok i realized half my mistake so I don't have to do it manually and can use protect content however it still only takes the first product usergroup on vbulletin and wont allow registration to multiple usergroups in vbulletin.....
  3. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I realize last night I"m not expressing myself well I was in a state of panic as a new product release caused many users to be removed from their usergroups in vbulletin. Here's what is happening:

User purchases a class - integration sets up user in vbulletin as "registered" with addtional usergroup based on product purchase.

Same user purchases a second class - integration sets user in vbulletin as "registered" with second class usergroup which replaces the usergroup from the first class. I need it to ADD the second usergroup - not rewrite.

If anyone can help - I know the helpdesk will tomorrow but I'm kind of in a pickle as many members purchased a new class that released this weekend and a new class starts monday so I'm trying to avoid going in and manually adding usergroups to each person to keep them happy.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Tami,
    I am looking into the problem, please open Skype.
  5. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

You're amazing.