Version 4 Email Que Operation?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by microlinx, Feb 10, 2013.

1. microlinx

microlinx Member

I just sent 30,ooo emails to my membership base. They all appear to have gone out in one shot.
    I am on a dedicated server, so I checked my email que and it shows about 1000 emails in the que.

I also have set my aMember email throttling to 1000 emails per hour.

So, Amember reports that 30,000 email have been sent, the job looks to be closed, but is there still something working in the background? I would expect this to take more like 30 hours to send.

Please advise on how this works exactly.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

microlinx,

I can't provide you with details on how the built-in email sytem ques mailings; however, I am sure someone from support can.

I am thinking with emailing of 30,000 addresses you might want to look at using a commercial email service. aMember integrates with about 10 services. In addition to sending large email campaigns out in stride, most offer a larger choice on layout templates and offer tracking statistics. I use MailChimp and it has a mobile app that reports detailed statistics on each mailing.
  3. microlinx

microlinx Member

Thanks for the quick reply and tip Grant! It seems to still be sending, so we'll see if it takes 30 hours. I agree that using a third party would be smarter. BTW, great site you have!
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

When you use queue, aMember doesn't send all emails at once. it add emails to queue, then these message will be by cron process.
  5. microlinx

microlinx Member

that makes sense...it is still sending today, looks like it it taking the estimated 30 hours,
  6. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

You can check log/mail queue to see how far amember has got with sending the emails. I find this useful. I do a search on email subject and date sent or added to find out what is happening.