Viewing 'Free' as well as 'Paid' sign-ups

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ak48avk, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I have had it confirmed from 'support' that 'Payments' only show real payments, which is absolutely fine.

I can't find a way just to view all latest transactions, free and paid, in date order. The Dashboard is a little confusing. It shows you the 5 latest - perhaps that can be increased. The box to the right? Total Sales etc. What period does that reflect.

In v3 you had statistics for the current day (a link to all transactions for that day), clearing to zero at the end of the day. I'm finding my Singups figure going down during the course of the day - is it reflecting a rolling 24hours? The graph shows a rolling month.

I think I need a report showing all invoices, in date order. Am I missing it? I need an overview of all the days transactions, paid and free. Funnily enough, I'm not getting much of either since the upgrade but I don't think I can blame amember for that.

Payments are important but I like to keep an eye on the free signups too. It's probably there but I can't see it.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

No, unfortunately, it is not yet here.

Version 4.1.8 (will be released next Monday), includes report (aMember CP -> Reports -> Count of signups). It however, does not distinguish between free and paid signups. Let me know if you need something more complex.
  3. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I'll have to see how it goes. I may be after something I don't need just because I could see it before. I think my problem is that you have invoices and invoice numbers for free as well as paid. I can't in fact browse the free invoices in any way, or export them.

I think I would like, what I can see at moment, the imported free invoices are listed in Payments with Payment System - free. It all stops from the date of the upgrade.

Though I'm happy to wait and see if others feel the same. I know you are going to be adding options in future. It's not urgent.

It doesn't help that I am not getting emails of signup confirmation (free/paid). I know my customers are getting them. I think I am right to say that I can't send emails to myself even though I have different email accounts. Before it worked setting Admin e-mail (for sending notifications to admin) from my gmail so as to use different mail servers. Any suggestions? This should be a different topic I know.

Thanks,
  4. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Correction. I am getting emails of paid sign-ups. So, I have just realised that perhaps a notification is not sent for free sign-ups.
  5. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

When browsing users can I filter added > a date? If so what format is the date string?
  6. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I'm carrying on a conversation with myself!

Yes, I am now happy, having found the date format by looking at the transaction log - yyyy-mm-dd. Yes, I know it's obvious now. I can now easily add this to my Browse Users filter - save the filter and reset say every Monday or daily and at a glance see my signups over the week or day.

So, Alex, I'm happy not to have 'free' signups in the Transaction log.

V4 looking pretty good. I can now get back to my business.