What does this instruction mean?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by slinky, Jan 5, 2012.

1. slinky

slinky Member

Once the plugin configuration is finished on this page, do not forget to add a record on aMember CP -> Manage Content -> Integrations page

Can't find it in the menu. Not sure what it means. Protect Content? Do we need to if we don't protect content?
  2. christ2000

christ2000 Member

I bouth PHPBB integration and this step is under CP protect content- add new- And then appear plugin in my case i select phpbb
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes "Protect Content".
    And yes you need it. It describe what plugin should do what user purchase something(for example add user to special group).
  4. slinky

slinky Member

Alexander - I'm using amember mostly for joint registration not to sell products. All my registrations on this first site is free. So the question is if you don't use this feature, is it still necessary to set up a folder to protect? I don't think so - perhaps it is a reminder?
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Not a folder but integration.
    When you set new integration record you describe what should happen when user purchase something in amember.
    For example, if user purchase product 1 he will be added to group "test" in vBulletin.
  6. slinky

slinky Member

I think it might be easier to visualize it like this? All content is "protected" or "administrated" by amember and the integration setting on "protect content" is to define the protected content as being "free". Now I got it - I think. Should put this in the new manual online. Thanks for checking it.