Where are the passwords?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by lvtriclub, Jul 3, 2013.

1. lvtriclub

lvtriclub Member

Currently, as an admin I cannot view the passwords of members. I became aware of this because it seems new members cannot login into Wordpress until I manually enter their passwords in Wordpress. I have BuddyPress installed. It has worked just fine for a few months I am wondering what I must have changed. But, as an admin I used to be able to view people's passwords. So, now I am thinking somehow the passwords are not being held upon registration. I did do a fresh install a way back. Would the password field need to be added to each product like other form fields....I thought it was automatically part of the membership process?
  2. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

You can't see passwords in v4, they are all encrypted for security.

However, it seems that you don't have integration with Wordpress set up right -as aMember should automagically setup accounts for you.

What you need to do is to check you've added an integration for Wordpress in the Protect Content > Integrations menu.

Simply choose the role to grant in WP (default 'Amember Active') and the products which should give this access.

Cheers
    Rob
  3. lvtriclub

lvtriclub Member

Hey Rob....thanks a bunch....ok, that sounds great....for some reason before I had toggled things that people in aMember were assigned a "contributor" role in Wordpress...but, this makes more sense....under my products listings, it group assigned was "subscriber" so I flipped everything to amember Active. Thanks for your help and I suspect that will take care of things.
  4. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Make sure to run Rebuild DB under Utilities... and Rebuild WP Database as well once you've made those changes. People tend to forget this part.
    robw likes this.