Why? Why?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by slinky, Jan 4, 2012.

1. slinky

slinky Member

Am I still messing around with version 3?

This is great work with v4. While at first I was a bit confused with some things, when I worked at integrating the plugins, I was blown away how thoughtfully you guys put it together. (There is a bug with wordpress in the root but it took an ounce of brains to fix and it worked brilliantly.)

If anyone is reading this and wondering about this project, wonder no more. Back in the day I was nervous because this looked like a patched programmer thing where you had to go through a maze to get it to work (and somehow did.) This is a very nice accomplishment. It still needs some work but it's certainly good enough to use for a site now, usability cannot even be compared to v3 (in a positive way here) and there is a road map going forward.

Kudos guys, excellent job. Looking forward to seeing it in action next week.
  2. slinky

slinky Member

Blah... no sooner do I write this and I'm hosed! No users can login due to a "database error" that I can't explain and I guess support is close at the moment.... hopefully someone will know what this is. Changing the advanced settings and using php sessions isn't changing anything nor deleting cookies...
    The database has encountered a problem, please try again later.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Thank you for your feedback!
    If that was your bug, I answered http://bt.amember.com/issues/607
    If not, give me the ticket# or provide details from aMember CP -> Logs -> Error Log.
  4. slinky

slinky Member

Alex - you are awesome - not my bug but I will provide details from the Error log - the weird thing is I'm not getting any that would explain the issues. Tons of these errors:

Table 'mysite_mywpdb.wp_options' doesn't exist at /home/mysite/public_html/amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/api.php line 44(1146) in query: select * from wp_options where autoload = 'yes' and option_name='siteurl'

Exception Am_Exception_PluginDb
    Am_Protect_Databased->dbErrorHandler
    call_user_func [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 1244 ]
    DbSimple_Generic_LastError->_setLastError [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 861 ]
    DbSimple_Generic_Database->_setLastError [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 1469 ]
    DbSimple_Mypdo->_setDbError [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 1429 ]
    DbSimple_Mypdo->_performQuery [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 465 ]
    DbSimple_Generic_Database->_query [ library/DbSimple/Generic.php : 163 ]
    DbSimple_Generic_Database->selectRow [ application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/api.php : 44 ]
    WordpressAPI->get_option_cache [ application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/api.php : 56 ]
    WordpressAPI->get_option [ application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/api.php : 19 ]
    WordpressAPI->__construct [ application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/wordpress.php : 270 ]
    Am_Protect_Wordpress->getWP [ application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/wordpress.php : 121 ]
    Am_Protect_Wordpress->getLoggedInRecord [ library/Am/Protect/Databased.php : 397 ]
    Am_Protect_Databased->onAuthCheckLoggedIn
    call_user_func [ library/Am/Event.php : 171 ]
    Am_Event->call [ library/Am/Event.php : 194 ]
    Am_Event->handle [ library/Am/Hook.php : 188 ]
    Am_Hook->call [ library/Am/Event.php : 257 ]
    Am_Event->run [ application/default/controllers/LoginController.php : 115 ]
    LoginController->loginWithPlugins [ application/default/controllers/LoginController.php : 137 ]
    LoginController->indexAction [ library/Am/Controller.php : 139 ]
    Am_Controller->_runAction [ library/Am/Controller.php : 116 ]
    Am_Controller->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Action.php : 564 ]
    Zend_Controller_Action->run [ library/Am/Auth/User.php : 109 ]
    Am_Auth_User->requireLogin [ application/default/controllers/MemberController.php : 26 ]
    MemberController->preDispatch [ library/Am/Controller.php : 98 ]
    Am_Controller->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php : 295 ]
    Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Front.php : 954 ]
    Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch [ library/Am/App.php : 1372 ]
    Am_App->run [ index.php : 41 ]
  5. slinky

slinky Member

OK - I discovered the problem. The first blog was deleted. My wp_options is actually wp_1_options and that is why it cannot find the table. I had a bad feeling about this. I'm using multisite. Perhaps I can rename the tables to wp_options so that the first database will be intact again? It appears that in this instance amember isn't finding the right table. It DID work in V3.
  6. slinky

slinky Member

As per my other thread, the problem is that amember is looking for the wp_options table using the prefix in the wp_config.php. If the wp_options is in another prefix (not sure how multisite knows where to look but it does), then amember will be looking in the wrong place with a multisite setup that has multisites.
  7. slinky

slinky Member

I fixed this. It's actually a very challenging problem dealing with many migrations of WP MU 2.x to Wordpress 3.x. Too much stuff I did to post here but I got it to work, thankfully.